Can you configure the Run command to do the Request Config feature?

Here is a screenshot of the Agent service successfully being restarted

post-6545-0-95602500-1429035907_thumb.png

Even after restarting the agent the old policy still shows up (dated APR 10th forgot to highlight it) Notice the firewall is ON!

post-6545-0-63566400-1429035907_thumb.png

Clicking Request config seems to update the policy

post-6545-0-21823600-1429035907_thumb.png

This updated within 3-5 minutes (dated APR 14th) Notice the firewall is OFF now.

post-6545-0-62210600-1429035906_thumb.png

If this is possible it would eliminate having to go to every device and click on the Request Config option.

• Administrators

Do you regularly check the configuration of clients manually so that you'd need to have a fresh one from all clients already downloaded and requesting it manually for every client is not convenient? Manually requesting the configuration shouldn't be a task that is performed regularly but on a per-need basis.

By the way, the configuration pane doesn't necessarily show a policy; it may be the result of applying multiple policies and user settings if some are not defined by a policy. It serves only for viewing configuration.

The reason this would be beneficial is that when I make a change to a policy it doesn't show the changes unless I request the configuration.(or it takes WAY too long to wait for the changes to take effect)

I have my agents checking in every 60 seconds and even though this is happening the policy is not updated?

when you manually request the configuration the policy changes show up withing a couple minutes.

Since I am in the process of tweaking our Security policy and have over 800 clients manually requesting configuration would not be feasible.

I understand that the configuration pane is a viewing config...but it does show the date of the security policy in effect AND has the set changes every time I check and view them.

This was verified by being able to ping the clients once we turned off the Firewall.

Edited by dlaporte

The Run command is probably the best feature of this ESET 6.

Its the only thing that has worked without any issues for me.

Edited by dlaporte

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP

I am 300 clients in now and am noticing that my default security policy is NOT being applied in a timely manner.

This is causing (im guessing here) an ESET security policy to take effect and this policy has ESET firewall ON along with scanning ALL email.

This is causing me a lot of grief!

If I do the aforementioned trick with requesting the configuration it applies MY COMPANY default security policy within a couple of minutes..

This is why I need an easier way to make the request config feature happen..

• ESET Staff

There is "Export Managed Products Configuration" client task that you can run on whole group if you want. You can also select that you want configuration from only Security Product (EES/EEA).

• 1 month later...

There is "Export Managed Products Configuration" client task that you can run on whole group if you want. You can also select that you want configuration from only Security Product (EES/EEA).

Hello, could you explain a bit more about how "Export Managed Products Configuration" client task works ?

Is this task force to push the configuration to the target pc? If yes, How do you specify what configuration push?

I have had some issues when clients that not refresh firewall rules, so for me , the quickier solution is remove and re-deploy the agent + endpoint.