Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

geosoft

CLIENTS DEACTIVATING

Recommended Posts

For some reason, the vast majority of our clients that can talk to ERA are deactivating for no reason. Asking for reactivation. We have to push a reactivation to these clients. Seems to happen after 30 days or so. Please investigate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't it be that a security admin deactivated some license via ela.eset.com? We could check on files if there have been some deactivation requests recently (pm me your public license ID - PLID).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.. I actually just noticed this with my clients as well. It happens sporadically but only affects one client at a time. Suddenly they just cut out, lose the license, stop updating and then prompt for reactivation. The only solution is to push a Product Activation task.

 

I only have one license, with 64 of 80 seats activated. So it wouldn't make any sense for a 'some' license deactivation for me because if only the one license was deactivated, wouldn't all of the clients be affected at the same time?

 

I hope this isn't a bug and I certainly hope it's not some ticking time bomb that's going to affect all of us at once since ESET replaced its QA team with us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will definitely look into this with highest priority. I'd suggest dropping me a PM with your PLID so that we can check logs on our servers first to find out if a deactivation request was received or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of our techs noticed that when you look at the license of the client, it just shows Expiration Date : 1969 Dec 31 18:59:59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any follow-up from this topic?

I just had this problem start randomly on half of my clients. I've added an activation task that seemed to fix it until a reboot of the client.

 

This is what the clients show from the remote admin console:

 

Public License ID : #########
Product Name : ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Windows
Expiration Date : 1969 Dec 31 17:59:59
Activated by ERA : Yes
Managed by ERA : Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the same thing happening with my clients. The only problem is, pushing another product activation to them doesn't resolve the problem. I've got a 75 seat license and thus far am only using 50 of them. Oddly though, in the "Used Licenses" area of the client details screen via the ERA, the expiration date is what it should be and not the 12/31/69 date some folks seem to have.

 

Any ideas as to a fix? These clients won't update until they've gotten their activation back.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have Endpoint Antivirus installed on clients, did you use a license for EEA for activation? Couldn't it be that Endpoint Security was activated using an Endpoint Antivirus license?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have Endpoint Antivirus installed on clients, did you use a license for EEA for activation? Couldn't it be that Endpoint Security was activated using an Endpoint Antivirus license?

In my case, all my clients are Endpoint Antivirus clients and the license is for Endpoint Antivirus. In fact, until about a week ago, they were all just fine (in terms of licenses and activations) and had been fine since about mid-January of 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

If you have Endpoint Antivirus installed on clients, did you use a license for EEA for activation? Couldn't it be that Endpoint Security was activated using an Endpoint Antivirus license?

In my case, all my clients are Endpoint Antivirus clients and the license is for Endpoint Antivirus. In fact, until about a week ago, they were all just fine (in terms of licenses and activations) and had been fine since about mid-January of 2015.

 

Please PM me your public license ID (PLID) so that we can check our server logs to find out what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I am having the exact same issue happening here. The support told me the only way to work around this was to update to 6.22. But i just finished manually deploying 180+ clients because we changed for SEP to ESET... I dont want to restart all that process, can you advise and help please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

 

I am having the exact same issue happening here. The support told me the only way to work around this was to update to 6.22. But i just finished manually deploying 180+ clients because we changed for SEP to ESET... I dont want to restart all that process, can you advise and help please?

Unfortunately, this may be exactly what you end up doing. It's what I've had to do (see my above posts). Still doing actually. ESET Tech Support told me to uninstall the current version on the client machine and install the latest downloadable package, which was 6.1.222. I've also found that a reinstall of the ESET remote agent was also needed. I've got about 60-70 clients myself - only a third of yours - but it's rather time consuming. I mean, it fixes the problem and they're activated again, but still.

 

I still don't have a clear explanation of WHY they suddenly deactivated. Only that they did and now need to be entirely re-installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After speaking with ESET support, I've been able to update my 6.21 clients to 6.22 from the ERAS so no need to manually uninstall and reinstall. Also, no need to reactivate and no need to reinstall agent so far. I'd suggest to do it over ERAS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...