Remote Administrator 6 login issues

Go to solution Solved by RHochstenbach,

When I try to log in to the login page (https://ip_of_server:8443), I see the error message "Please enter a non-empty password", and then the login button is greyed out. I've verified that the credentials are correct. There is only one way for me to login, and that's by clicking on Change Password.

When I change the password, I can log in. But I have to repeat this process every time I want to log in.

It's the virtual appliance running on an ESXi server.

Not sure if this is relevant, but during the OVF deployment of the appliance on vCenter I did not see a Properties screen, so I had to edit the ovf.xml file manually. 

post-7050-0-78745200-1428949558_thumb.png

Not sure if this is relevant, but during the OVF deployment of the appliance on vCenter I did not see a Properties screen

This "bug" has to do with directly connecting to the ESXi Console. The OVF template is for vCenter Servers only. So you will need to connect directly to a vCenter server using a vSphere Client. I had a similar issue when I was trying to upgrade. Really annoying how this wasn't made more obvious. Instead, I just mounted the .iso of installers and installed the components individually by hand. It wasn't easy... but eventually I got it up and running.

I've found out what was causing the issues with logging in. It works fine on Windows systems but on Mac OS X it can't seem to read the password field, which causes the error message. So this is clearly a bug in the web application.

@bbraunstein: the funny thing was that I was deploying this on a vCenter server, as the user manual instructed. Nevertheless, I don't have any issues with editing an xml file, but it looks a bit primitive. The file also didn't contain a field for default gateway, but I've changed that manually in the OS.

• 2 weeks later...

I too experienced this same issue, thanks for figuring out the cause as we are demoing this software before purchase and it looked like a rocky start  :D

Disabling the plugin lets me login but I'm not sure why it's causing issues to start, first time I've encountered an issue like that. I've started a thread on Agilebit's forum to see if they know:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/40410/1password-extension-wont-log-in-properly-on-eset-remote-admin-console