How to have client settings password protected, but still editable after authentication?

My current Policy has Advanced Setup password protected on all my client endpoint products. After entering the credentials, the settings are still grayed out and not able to be modified.

Is there way to enable editing of the Advanced Setup, while still password protecting the access?

I'm using ERA v6, in case if it is not clear enough.

Thanks !

I think they're only greyed out if they are applied via the server, e.g. a policy you push. You'd need to remove the settings from the policy if you want to edit them on the client. In other words it's an "enforce" rather than a "set as default but allow changes"

That's my understanding anyway.

Jim

So if I'm understanding you correctly, I'd need to disable password-protection of the Settings completely, in order to allow modification from the client ?

• Administrators

So if I'm understanding you correctly, I'd need to disable password-protection of the Settings completely, in order to allow modification from the client ?

No. What you need to do is remove the settings you want to change on clients from the policy applied by the ERA server.