failure response from email provider for support request

• Most Valued Members

earlier today I sent a support request from eset smart security itself (not the online web form). I just received a response to my mail that it wasn't delivered.

I can give the copy of the email I got to a moderator or other eset employee, so you can look at it.

one line says "Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's 550-5.7.1 DMARC policy". it also refers something about google and gmail.

• ESET Moderators

Thanks , we do want to take a look at this and forward it on to those responsible/capable of resolving. 

Maybe this is the cause:
Yahoo and AOL DMARC Reject Policy Leads to Disabling of Microsoft Email Addresses on Mailing Lists

Now that Yahoo and AOL are both stating through the DMARC [link added by me] p=reject that any email coming from a yahoo or aol address that isn’t sent from a yahoo or aol server should be rejected (bounced)

This seems to be causing problems with mailing lists and based on this description it sounds possible that it's causing problems with the ESET support form as well.

Edited by rugk

• Most Valued Members

so the best solution would be to change mail provider and use anything other than yahoo?

Or just sent the mail from Yahoo directly to an email address from ESET. However this may be difficult as ESET doesn't offer an email for support online.

So yes if you can simply try it with another mail provider it may work.

However ESET didn't confirmed my assumption until now, so maybe you will get more information (and a confirmation or negation) later.

• Most Valued Members

I have faced a similar issue last year and I didn't pay notice because I thought it was a temp server issue.

• Most Valued Members

i used a Hotmail address to send again feedback from the product itself, and I got a response from eset. this means that it was sent without problems.

• 5 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

i'm digging up this because i faced the issue again.

i tried to send a report via in-product form from SS and soon i got a failure response in my mail and the "DMARC policy" was there big and bold :D

i spoke with yahoo support and they told me that a possible cause is that the AV program is trying to mask the mail as if it was sent directly from the yahoo mail webpage, and that causes the error and it never gets sent.

they gave me that article.

they also asked me to contact my av company so they can ask the eset email administrator of the company to contact yahoo to resolve the issue.

i also tried to send a message to eset support via the Submit a Case Online but i also got the same error. i can forward the error mails to eset stuff if you require them, i also have the transcript of the yahoo agent.

i guess only eset can look and resolve the issue.

• Most Valued Members

i forgot to add that when i tried to start a case via the website, i used another mail (hotmail) and i guess this also failed because they passed like 10 hours? but i got no response that eset got my message.

Edited by pavilion_alex