Jump to content

ESET GUI crash on 5 older machines - SSE2 not supported?


cdaze
 Share

Go to solution Solved by cdaze,

Recommended Posts

I have opened up a trouble ticket and it's been 5 days without any further reply.  Support Case: 1297309 

 

Was version 6.1.2222 dependency files intentionally built without backwards support for non SSE2 processors?  All five machines that I upgraded from 5.x crash with the same exact bug check when the GUI starts.  All 64bit installs went smoothly.  The ESET support response was to look at the push install requirements.  Which list absolutely nothing about the bug check information I submitted or lists hardware support.  There has been no follow up to my repeated replies.

 

 

"Push Installation Requirements and Checklist 

hxxp://kb.eset.com/zap/SOLN82"  

 

All 5 machines that are crashing do not support SSE2.  There is no reference in the install requirements about any processor exclusions.

 

I found this ref about a bug fix in the file server product.  Is this the same problem with the Endpoint product and will be fixed?  I didn't find a full list of the Endpoint change log to see if this issue was addressed.

 

 

 

 
Version 6.0.12035.0 (compared to 6.0.12032.0)
  • Fixed: GUI crash on workstations if the system CPU does not support SSE/SSE2 instruction set

 

The opcode at the address of the dll that is reported in the crash log is SSE2.

1025FE96                 cvtdq2pd xmm1, xmm1

 

Will this be compiled to support non SSE2 processors?  

 

 

Below is the crash report. 

 

 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: egui.exe
  Application Version: 6.1.2222.0
  Application Timestamp: 54e22b36
  Fault Module Name: sciter-x.dll
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.10.13
  Fault Module Timestamp: 54c227b0
  Exception Code: c000001d
  Exception Offset: 0025fe96
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

I just tested an updated installer today and the dependency files were recompiled.  Build 6.1.2227.0 seems to have fixed the problem.  So it should be fixed in the next build that is officially released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...