Chnage users from Automatic to Learning mode with ERA v6

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello Forum

Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere elese in the forum, I searched but couldn't find it. I need someone to correct me If I am wrong, but I need a better understanding of Policies in the new ERA v.6 with ESET Endpoint Security 6 clients.

I used to download the users configuration and then change the individual .xml configuration through the configuration tools to edit a users configuration, make changes etc.  Since I updated I haven't been able to figure out how this can be done using ERA v.6. It looks like this is done by creating and applying Policies. Is this correct?

I noticed when I pull a users configuration all of their settings have a lock next to it. How do I push a user settings. I need to change all of my users to Learning mode, but noticed it sets filtering mode to Automatic mode, they used to be set at Automatic mode with exceptions when they were on ESS 5. Also I want to setup and IDS filter for a Spiceworks server that is causing an IDS attack. 

If their is a better way please let me know. I do not want to mess with the users default profile, just manipulate the settings.

• Administrators
  • Solution

"Automatic mode with exceptions" has been renamed to "Automatic mode" in EP v6. To create an exception for an IDS attack, edit the appropriate policy, open the firewall settings and click Edit next to "IDS exceptions".

A quote from the policy editor: Automatic mode is the default one. It is suitable for users who prefer easy and convenient use of the firewall with no need to define rules. Automatic mode allows all outbound traffic for the given system and blocks all non-initiated connections from the network side unless otherwise defined by custom rules.

Thank you for the timely response.

Under the EES v6 I do not have a default policy, only what I would call a users local policy or configuration. Say I needed to change that local configuration, how would I go about doing that?  Do I need to create a profile and roll it out with the IDS exception in it? I need this company wide, in doing so making a policy, does it override the local policy that a user has in place. I don't want to mess with a users rules etc, hence why I always just changed their individual configuration.