ERA 6 Appliance - Remote Installation not working

Hello,

I installed ERA 6 Appliance, without errors. Also deployment of the Agents from the ERA is working fine.

But tasks like Software Installation of Endpoint Antivirus or removing old Versions always failes.

The Webinterface says only "Failed", no information why.

Also  in the /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/trace.log nothing comes up and same in the Windows Log of the Client.

Any help, where to look?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

can you please submit the logs to your local support for detailed analysis with output from ESET Log Collector attached?

The web interface is not able to show the details because the installation logs are not fetched to the server.

Thank you.

P.R. 

The web interface is not able to show the details because the installation logs are not fetched to the server.

Will this be fixed/added in a future release? I've mentioned this in other threads a few weeks ago. It seems kind of silly how the Web Console serves as a management interface to the server, but when I need to review log files, I have to SSH into my server. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of it being, you know, an interface.

Edited by bbraunstein

Do the clients have direct access to the Internet or they connect through a proxy server?

My clients have either disabled internet access or disabled most of internet behaviour, like file download.

Why do you expect clients to have full access to internet to download installer for endpoint? And how can you rely on client to have secure download of endpoint product?