ESET ads bugs to EMS according to the changelog

Sorry for this really useless post, but I found the last changelog of the latest vupdate of ESET Mobile Seurity so funny that I had to post it. This was it:

post-3952-0-25200700-1428425686_thumb.png

I mean the last thing: So, ESET, you made/added "small bugs and small bug fixes and optimisations"? :D

The last things (the bug fixes) are nice, but the first thing... :D

So this is either programmer humor or it's just a mistake. :)

Anyway, it was funny to read this. And BTW all other things of the update worked nicely.

Edited by rugk

• ESET Moderators

I assume that you pulled that from a distributor web page (i.e., ESET DE), so it is reasonable to assume that it was a translation issue. But they don't seem to be 1:1 regardless:

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/25/

Version 3.0.1305.0

Changed: Change of Permanent icon notification (for Android 5)
    Changed: New options in Anti-theft settings
    Fixed: Small bug fixes and optimization

Well.. my screenshot was from Google Play. There it's also stated correctly now.

However my screenshot was a bit older and as far as I can remember I took it directly before or after the update was released on Google Play, where I saw it first.

Now it seems to be corrected. And as you see the first change listed there was also corrected. (Change of Permanent icon notification (for Android 4.4 +) to Change of Permanent icon notification (for Android 5))

• 2 weeks later...

Changed: Change of Permanent icon notification (for Android 5)

What does this mean? Cause i have note 3 and i am still not able to see the icon ALL the time on the notification bar? Or it means something else?

I don't know what the entry means (because I don't know what they changed), but if you're using Android 5 then EMS isn't shown in the notification bar, because ESET follows a recommendation from Google.

More information here: Latest update from Google Play removes icon in notification area