NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.312.0 Final

LabVIEW707

Can I just update through the "Program Update"? Has anyone succeeded to update? How is it going so far?

nope, didn't happen on my system at least and the internal updater never ever did update. Just uninstall then reinstall the new version.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

the in-product upgrade should be available in upcoming days, if there will be no serious negative feedback from users, who updated manually already.

P.R.

Yes updated manually. Windows7 64bit. Download good. Installed over present edition good. The GUI asked me to restart computer. Did that and all is perfect.

• Most Valued Members

the in-product upgrade should be available in upcoming days, if there will be no serious negative feedback from users, who updated manually already.

Also would like to mention doing a manual update (but for Smart Security) over the top worked perfectly on both Windows 8.1 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit computers here. Was instructed to restart, and no issues afterwards.

Edited by planet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

With Windows 8.1, ESET NOD32 antivirus 8.0.304.0 is not upgrading (please see image below). I already cleared the cache, but nothing changed.

post-7122-0-10146000-1429377187_thumb.png

I had not any issue in another PC with Windows 7.

How can this issue be overcome?

Thanks in advance,

post-7122-0-10146000-1429377187_thumb.png

• Administrators

Version 8.0.304 is the latest one available as a program component update. If you want to upgrade to 8.0.312 immediately, download and run the installer from ESET's website. PCU to 8.0.312 will be resumed soon.

It would be more accurate, and even a little bit helpful, if it was someway possible for the internal updater to determine that a user's current version was not the most current, and then inform the user that the newer version would be available soon. As it stands now, the information given is inaccurate, and users are supposed to understand this throttling business.

Well... the thing with the different message is a decent idea. You're of course right that "<An older version> is the latest version." is a wrong statement, so yes maybe a different piece of information there would be nice. This would also prevent such questions like "Why doesn't work the internal updater ?", because you can clearly see that it's working, but actually not intended to serve the update. (Maybe a note about the manual upgrade or a sentence like "The automatic/internal upgrade will be released soon." would also show the possibility to upgrade manually)

However I don't think the reason for this is server overload, but we don't know this of course.

• Administrators

Exactly. We do not want to expose our users at risk, especially if there's another critical module update released at the same time as a PCU which might cause serious troubles to users. If we were to fulfill some wishes mentioned above, many users would end up without functional antivirus and their systems would become unprotected against threats.

ESET will never do anything that would jeopardize users' safety. Our goal is to keep the program version up to date as much as possible but not at the cost of exposing users at risk. As explained in the mentioned topics, the PCU to v8.0.312 has been deliberately temporarily paused until as many users as possible download the latest version of the HIPS module which would otherwise clash with the PCU. There's not even a real need to upgrade to v8.0.312 asap as it basically addresses only some minor issues compared to 8.0.304.

Great statement, @Marcos!

However I still like to defend the idea of the simple text change. It's just to prevent users from being confused.

I mean the upgrade shouldn't be done automatically. It should just be shown (if the user clicks on "Check for upgrades") that there is a new version out, but not released as a PCU yet, which is basically want we already explain to all users who complain update the "non-functional updater" here after they saw the message.

Edited by rugk