NOD32 Antivirus 8.0.312.0 Final

LabVIEW707

That's interesting. On all ESET sites it states v 8.0.304 is the newest. :huh:

But they are indeed different files (SHA-1):

Majorgeeks version: B60BCB86814FDA5786CE6D93CC87734627CC99A9 (it's the same regarding less whether you use normal Download button or "Download@Authors Site (32 Bit)")

Majorgeeks 64bit version: 15C6C1A2AC5284645EC63A319FE11E9B8FD5BF4A (button: "Download@Authors Site (64 Bit)")

v 8.0.304 from eset.com (32 bit): 276EE97F9E4409F2FB222F0EE13E99B35612FB32

So the difference between the download links is the following:

hxxp://download.eset.com/download/win/eav/eav_nt32_enu.msi (official download link)

hxxp://download.eset.com/eval/win/eav/ENUV8/eav_nt32_ENU.msi (majorgeeks link)

So what is this eval/ENU version? :huh:

Edit: Okay, I checked the signature of these installers. Both are singed by ESET, but the majorgeeks version was signed at September 2014, so it's much older than the official version:

post-3952-0-89970600-1428410638_thumb.png

So I wouldn't recommend updating NOD32 with the majorgeeks version.

Edited by rugk

Incorrect...............Obviously Eset isn't telling us anything yet. Majorgeeks is a very reputable website. A new version can also be found at other sites. Any pc guru should know that most companies release new versions but still have yet to update their website. Hence my post. 

hxxp://www.neowin.net/news/eset-nod32-antivirus-and-eset-smart-security-803120

hxxp://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/NOD.shtml

hxxp://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Security-Related/Eset-Smart-Security.shtml

Edited by LabVIEW707

here it is:

post-1272-0-41027400-1428412146_thumb.png

Internal Updater not updating to the latest verswion (as usual) ESET might as well turn off the internal updater since it never does its job

Edited by Matrix Leader

No, not "incorrect" and I don't care how "reputable" majorgeeks is.

The links from Neowin and Softpedia you posted also download the version signed in January 2015 (276EE97F9E4409F2FB222F0EE13E99B35612FB32) so maybe majorgeeks just linked to the wrong version, which is indeed an older one.

So obviously ESET has just don't updated their (download) sites, but the download already downloads the new one.

So obviously ESET has just don't updated their (download) sites, but the download already downloads the new one.

they have, check the image I posted in the post above you. And Major Geeks is one of the most reputable and reliable download sources. Nuff said. Grab it from wherever you wish, noone is forcing you.

@ rugk................You don't know everything. I listed 3 different software update websites. Obviously 3 sites cannot be wrong. I made this thread for a reason. I want to know the change log. 

Tim from MajorGeeks here. It's worth noting that the file name and path remain the same regardless. If I am being honest, we have had difficulty tracking correct versions on NOD for a long time. We're human.  Someone posted to our page so I got right on it to make sure we had it right. It would help if ESET would put the version information in the file details when compiling it.

@LabVIEW707

Do you read my posts?

The other two sites you listed are "correct". Only majorgeeks is obviously linking to an old version. You can check it out by yourself.

BTW I would also like to see the changes, however (according to majorgeeks) ESET just released it today, so we should be a bit patient. Maybe @Marcos or @foneil are already creating the topic. :)

Edited by rugk

Yeah, as I was writing it they didn't. They're fast. :)

yes bro ESET was waiting for you to type this the moment you started typing they released it LOL :D

Lol..........Majorgeeks posted an update. The download links directly to Eset's site. Proving that Majorgeeks posted an update but Eset did not yet change the update sever downloads. I made this thread for a reason. Not to argue with you. I knew about this before anyone else. Hence my post. I want a change log. Not an argument. Thanks. 

Edited by LabVIEW707

here is the massive change log:

• Updated: EULA, Country list, DetectAV engine
  • Fixed: Localization bugs
  • Fixed: Egui doesn't remember the size of window
  • Fixed: Scheduled tasks "on computer startup" don't work on Windows 8+
  • Fixed: First scan cannot be stopped from popup

both my PC and laptop still do not update on first boot every time. Bug reported in Beta early 19th century.

Edited by Wrogg

Link please. Thanks. 

both my PC and laptop still do not update on first boot every time. Bug reported in Beta early 19th century.

what's so massive about that, just a few minor updates nothing to take home

I knew about this before anyone else. Hence my post. I want a change log. Not an argument. Thanks. 

17. Do not pre-announce releases.  Due to differences in scheduling, it may sometimes take several minutes after a release has appeared on ESET's web site for the release announcement to appear here in the forum.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/76-rules-of-the-eset-security-forum/ 

And with the announcement comes the changelog: https://forum.eset.com/topic/4614-eset-nod32-antivirus-80312-released/

Edited by SweX

Can I just update through the "Program Update"? Has anyone succeeded to update? How is it going so far?

Edited by yongsua