Can't activate

jhunter45

Hi,

I;m not sure if this is where I should be posting this thread, but I hope it is. So I have downloaded Nod32 Antivirus 8 and I have purchased an activation username and password, but when I am on the program, If i click activate now, nothing happens, just the button going down. I can click buy now, and it brings me to the website where I can buy things. Also, when I go into setup and click "Product activation", nothing happens either. Does anyone know a way where I can type in the activation user name and password?

• Administrators

After a clean install, the activation window should pop up at the end. Didn't you get the activation window at all? Could you try installing v8 from scratch? Prior to doing so, run the uninstall tool (hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289) to remove the currently installed version completely.

Another way would also be to follow this instructions: How do I enter my Username and Password to activate ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus?

However if there happens really nothing if you click "Activate now" there could really be something wrong with the installation, so I would also recommend reinstalling ESS.