NOD 32 error failed to communicate with the kernel

• ESET Insiders

I have gotten an error message that NOD 32 has failed to communicate with the kernel 3 time in the past week. I had to roll my computer back all 3 times it happened. After I received the error message NOD 32 would no longer function. It crashed over, and over again. I tried to uninstall NOD 32, but the uninstall failed each time. I want to open a support request, and send them my Sysinspector Log. Is this the correct support link?  https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/

Edited by cutting_edgetech

Hello cutting_edgetech. I use the following link for support:

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/

Have you looked at this knowledgebase article about kernel issues? Just a suggestion.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2280&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1427921775012

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

The first step is to perform a clean install. To start off, remove the current version completely using the uninstall tool as per the instructions at hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289.

Also run chkdsk to rule out disk errors and file corruption.

• ESET Insiders

Hello cutting_edgetech. I use the following link for support:

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/

Have you looked at this knowledgebase article about kernel issues? Just a suggestion.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2280&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1427921775012

Yes, I have read that article. Thank you!

• ESET Insiders

The first step is to perform a clean install. To start off, remove the current version completely using the uninstall tool as per the instructions at hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289.

Also run chkdsk to rule out disk errors and file corruption.

I rolled my computer back all three times using Shadow Protect to an image before I ever had the problem. I already rolled my computer back again. I will not need the uninstall tool because the regular uninstaller will work now since I rolled my computer back. Should I uninstall, and reinstall NOD 32 now that I have already rolled my computer back? I am no longer having the problem after rolling my computer back. I collected everything I could for Eset to diagnois the problem before rolling my computer back.

Edited by cutting_edgetech

I would also suggest you to perform a clean install because ESET self-defense module might prevent itself from rolling back properly.

I went ahead, and opened a case with Eset. Maybe my logs will make them discover something that will improve NOD 32.

Please let us know how this tuns out.

Normally all posts should be autosaved...

Just look at the bottom left of the editor.

post-3952-0-20910500-1404916613_thumb.png

Even if the text should get saved automatically (which it usually does just fine), I have made a habit to always copy the whole post before I click the post button, just in case something goes wrong.