Scan won't remove a virus

melzzzz

I have scanned my computer many times and it won't remove a virus. The malware virus is in my Control Panel and is called "Cinema Plus Pro." I was able to end the process in the Task Manager - I can't remember what exactly the image name was, but it started with util. I try to uninstall it in the Control Panel and it won't uninstall. When I try to uninstall it, NOD32 comes up with several of the "Warning - Potential Threat" windows and I hit clean every time. Then, I reboot my computer. When I go back to the Control Panel, Cinema Plus Pro is still there. I don't know if Cinema Plus is the "mother" virus or not. I have had viruses under other names that weren't removed with NOD - like Gsafe and MyStartSearch. I was able to go in and uninstall them manually. I am wondering if they came to me with Google Drive because when I am using Drive, I have a huge amount of issues. I have had to uninstall and reinstall Chrome several times. Please help! I have been dealing with an adware virus of one name or another for months!!

• Administrators

Could you please post a complete record from your Detected threats log? I assume it's rather a potentially unwanted application (PUA) that was detected than actual malware. In such case, it should be safe to exclude the PUA (unfold advanced options in the yellow alert window and select Exclude from detection). Then you should be able to run the uninstaller to remove the PUA.