Unable to activate ESET File Security 6

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I recently installed ERA6 on a new machine running a new install of Windows Server 2008 R2. I have a small domain environment, so all components of ERA, the SQL database, MDM, etc. are all on the same machine. I also have licenses for Endpoint Antivirus for Windows and had used it for EFS 4.5 previously. However, once I installed EFS6 on both this machine and the domain controller, the product activation task fails. When I tried to activate it manually, I received an error that seems to say my license isn't valid for the product. However, I've installed and activated ESET Endpoint Antivirus v6 on several machines without issue. Does EFS6 now require a different license, or am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

post-6889-0-14720900-1427594236_thumb.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

Yes, please contact the distributor or reseller from whom you purchased your ESET license. An Endpoint license doesn't cover ESET File Security and vice-versa.

I spoke with an ESET sales support rep on the phone. The license for ESET Endpoint Antivirus covers ESET File Security v4.5 but not v6. That's fine, but it would be nice if that was posted somewhere on the website so I would have known to purchase new licenses when we upgraded.

• Administrators

I spoke with an ESET sales support rep on the phone. The license for ESET Endpoint Antivirus covers ESET File Security v4.5 but not v6. That's fine, but it would be nice if that was posted somewhere on the website so I would have known to purchase new licenses when we upgraded.

Each distributor has their own policy on this; in Slovakia EFSW v4 licenses were not automatically bundled with any Endpoint license.