finding problems during scan

Mrzocor

Why when I run a scan it finds problems, but doesn't get rid of them all? It cleans some, but doesn't do anything with the rest of them. It doesn't even clean them when you try to do it manually. Thanks.

Hi, what problems does the scan find? Can you pls have a screenshot and upload it here so that the moderators could help you resolve your issue. Thank You.

• Administrators

Please post the appropriate complete record from your threat or on-demand scanner log so that we know: 1, the full path to the file, 2. the detection name, 3, the action taken or error that was returned.

@Mrzocor

I think you're completely wrong with this question in this topic. However here are detailed explanations about the two modes and other information how to configure it more specifically: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2909#advfeatures

To short it I would say a Smart scan is enough for a normal usage. Maybe a rarely in-depth scan may be useful, but you have to decide this by yourself.

Edited by rugk

@Mrzocor

I think you're completely wrong with this question in this topic. However here are detailed explanations about the two modes and other information how to configure it more specifically: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2909#advfeatures

To short it I would say a Smart scan is enough for a normal usage. Maybe a rarely in-depth scan may be useful, but you have to decide this by yourself.

Smart scan isn't the default setting on mine in-depth scan is.