ekrn.exe hogging all disk, computer slow?

ucvijan

Hi, 

Please take a look at the screenshots below. 

post-6646-0-73821400-1427204136_thumb.jpg

post-6646-0-35452600-1427204137_thumb.jpg

What should i do to reduce this? Both clients have windows 7. Is the real time protection causing this? This is huge I/O, terabytes that are in read. 

And just to add, this is when scanning is not running. Maybe its because of the real time protection, i turned off now in policy to scan on create/open/execution. In fact i turned off Real time protection to start automatically. 

Any idea why is this happening?

Thanks

Edited by ucvijan

• Administrators

Couldn't it be that you have debug logging enabled? Does temporarily disabling real-time protection make a difference? What Endpoint product is installed on these clients?  

I installed it via ERA, and think its the newest version. EEA 6.1.2222.0. I didnt disable the real time protection, i just untick the part where it scan files on open, execute, save etc...will see if it helps. DO they need to logoff and log back on for changes to take effect? They shouldnt have debug logging enabled, as all is done through policy. Think others should have the same issue? Or not?

Edited by ucvijan

• Administrators

Changes in real-time protection setup will take effect immediately. However, instead of disabling particular options I'd suggest pausing real-time protection and see if it makes a difference.

Talked to clients, and now it is better. They are programmers/developers,lots of programs, applications opened, constantly writing,pushing, getting from network share files., think eset was only trying to scan all that, and that's why there was issue with the disk. Will keep on monitoring. Turned real time back on, so far no slowness.