Anyway to see installation failure reason?

Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

Hi,

Just migrated from ERA 5.x to 6.x and I'm trying to get a handle on things.

Previously when you would push an AV package to a client computer and it would fail you could examine the task in detail and see the exact error codes and failure reason. How do I do this in ERA 6.0? As far as I can tell, on the 'Client Task Detail' windows all it says is 'Failed' under executions. How can I get more information without having to login to every single computer I'm trying to deploy to?

Thanks!

Hi, why cannot be details of the failed task shown directly in "Client Task Detail"?

It would be more comfortable.  :) 

Check ERA server trace.log for possible reasons why an agent push install failed. For some hints, please refer to hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3630.

It always kind of irked me how the Web Console is supposed to be the interface between the Administrator and the Server, but whenever there is an error, we need to log into the server and look at the logs. Why not just make the logs accessible through the Web Console?

Check ERA server trace.log for possible reasons why an agent push install failed. For some hints, please refer to hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3630.

It always kind of irked me how the Web Console is supposed to be the interface between the Administrator and the Server, but whenever there is an error, we need to log into the server and look at the logs. Why not just make the logs accessible through the Web Console?

I agree. You used to be able to just check the failure reason right there in the console in 5.x. It was so easy. No hoops to jump through.

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello,

the logs are not fetched by the server so that is the reason why they cannot be viewed.

I will create an improvement request for it.

Thank you.

P.R.

• 2 months later...

I agree; task failure details being reported are also a feature that we miss from v5.  When you're deploying to tens or hundreds of computers, it's nice to know why installations are failing so that resolutions can be just as easily implemented.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello,

the logs are not fetched by the server so that is the reason why they cannot be viewed.

I will create an improvement request for it.

Thank you.

P.R.

This is extremely important for us as well. Is there an ETA for this, Peter?