ESET Agent Connection Issue

We are in the process of deploying ESET to computers throughout our office and all of sudden we are experiencing issues with the ESET Remote Administrator agent establishing a connection to the ESET remote admin server.

When checking the Status log for the agent on a computer or server the follow error message displays:

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "NameOfOurESETServer.com" port: 2222' failed with: The connection will be closed due to timeout

We are seeing this error on both existing computers that were able to successfully connect to the Remote Admin Server and new computers where we are trying to deploy ESET for the first time. On new computers that we try to deploy to, the agent installs successfully, but the computers/servers never show up in the ESET Remote Admin Console. We have checked our firewall and nothing appears to be blocking the connection.

Below is our version info:

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.1.265.0

ESET Remote Administrator (Webconsole), Version 6.1.212.0

Up until now, we've had no trouble deploying the agent and installing the client. We have about 190 computers showing up in ESET Remote Administrator, but none of them are checking into ESET server anymore.

I did open a Support Case with ESET Support, but I also wanted to post here to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

Thank you!

I am experiencing a similar error with one major exception:

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to 'host: "127.0.0.1" port: 2222' failed

Why are the client systems attempting to contact localhost at a server port?

Never mind. All I needed to do was apply "Policies" -> "Connect every 20 minutes" to the affected systems.

Before doing so, I changed the server list in this policy. I removed 127.0.0.1 and added the ERA server FQDN, ie. era.example.lan.

Problem solved.

• 1 month later...
After we initially reported this issue, it somehow resolved itself overnight; we came in the next morning to find our computers were making connections to the ESET server again.

However, at the current moment, we are having the same issue again. We did upgrade to the latest version of ESET Remote Admin Server (v6.1.365.0) last week without any issues. This morning, I noticed that none of our computers were checking into the ESET server and they are all showing this error in the status log: 

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to host: "NameOfOurESETServer.com" port: 2222 failed with: The connection will be closed due to timeout. 

I checked the status log for the ESET agent on the ESET server itself and see this error in the status log: 

Error: CReplicationManager: Replication (network) connection to host: localhost port: 2222' failed with: The connection will be closed due to timeout. 

I can successfully ping our ESET Server from a CMD prompt and see the hostname resolve to an IP address. So, it should be able to accept connections. Is anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts on what the issue is?

Edited by kit