ERA Installation on Centos 7.1 Minimal

Go to solution Solved by apatheia,

In addition to the official documentation for installing ERA 6 on Linux (which you should read first), I expanded the official documentation with some of my own notes for building up a Linux-based installation of ERA 6. It's not complete, but it will get you further along than the official documentation does.

Hopefully, this will be of use to someone else. No guarantees that the steps below will work in your environment. With that said, you might find some of it useful for troubleshooting your own specific issues.

Process is attached as a clear text file formatted in Markdown.

CEntOS_71_ERA6.txt

Thank you so much for this much needed supplement to the useless official docu.

I didn't disable SELINUX because official docu doesn't require it and the install script references some SELINUX modules so I assumed that SELINUX can stay enabled (as it should!) and the product will configure it appropriately (as it should!!) but it clearly does not. I wasted days on this until I ended up installing in a similar fashion as you describe in your text file.

They really need to work on KB and Docu for ERA6 and especially the Linux side...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

Here is an updated version of the walkthrough. Again, some areas are incomplete, but this one will at least install and configure a database that works. 

No guarantees that the steps below will work in your environment. With that said, you might find some of it useful for troubleshooting your own specific issues.

See attached file in written in Markdown format. 

YMMV

CEntOS 7.x - ERA 6 SCRUBBED.txt

• 2 years later...