EES6 Poor Performace compaired to version 5

The PIT

Unlike v5, v6 has advanced heuristics on file execution enabled by default for maximum protection. Could you try enabling this option in Endpoint v5 so that you compare apples with apples? ESET is probably the only vendor that reacts to new threats within less than within a few minutes if they make it even through the last protection layer called Advanced memory scanner. I'd strongly suggest troubleshooting issues with ESET rather than moving to products that offer less protection.

I have no doubts in quality of your antivirus engine but It's hard to troubleshoot something that's not documented well, and you depend on forum reply. That will force me to move to other product.

• Administrators

I have no doubts in quality of your antivirus engine but It's hard to troubleshoot something that's not documented well, and you depend on forum reply.

Please clarify what is not documented well. Without feedback from users, we may not know what they are looking for and what they expect.

First example: hxxp://help.eset.com/era/6/en-US/index.html?component_installation_linux.htm

Here you don't explain why "Optional components" might be useful and why. No diagram regarding where HTTP proxy fits in.

I had to read many topics on this forum to learn that ESET has changed update system, and for better performance it would be best to use HTTP proxy + squid.

Reading your documentation, it's not clear which component is installed and where, for this feature to work, on Linux. Also it is not clear how they interact together (http proxy + squid). I as linux user have some knowledge how this works, but what about other people?

Second example: hxxp://help.eset.com/era/6/en-US/index.html?component_installation_webconsole_linux.htm

Here you say: "NOTE: When you install the Web Console using the Installer, the default Web Console address is: https://localhost/era/"

Which installer is this on Linux?

These are just two examples of incomplete documentation. I wish I was wrong and this information is in documentation, but I have not found any evidence there is.

Waiting for reply ? https://forum.eset.com/topic/4744-rogue-computers-ratio-empty/

Regards.

Unlike v5, v6 has advanced heuristics on file execution enabled by default for maximum protection. Could you try enabling this option in Endpoint v5 so that you compare apples with apples? ESET is probably the only vendor that reacts to new threats within less than within a few minutes if they make it even through the last protection layer called Advanced memory scanner. I'd strongly suggest troubleshooting issues with ESET rather than moving to products that offer less protection.

As stated previously I noticed a big performance hit on my pc after installing only the agent. I had not even installed the anti virus product at the time but then later completed the installation. So for me the initial product that needs work is the agent itself. I like to think Eset will get it right eventually and if I had the time for troubleshooting I'd be happy to participate but I'm not able at this time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Has this iussue been fixed yet or not???

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what issue you are referring to. We are not aware of any performance issues with Endpoint v6 products. Have you contacted customer care to troubleshoot it?