IP from client

Go to solution Solved by michalp,

• ESET Staff

Hello, have you tried to use column "remote host" in the computer section? That one has been added in 6.5 (however is disabled by default). You can move it besides the computer entry.

• 3 months later...

Hi, we are just upgrading from ERA 5.3 to ERA 6.5. We have the same problem with wrong IP's in ERA 6.5, please fix it! ERA 5.3 always shows the right IP! ERA 6.5 looks nice but seems a step back.

Best regards

• ESET Staff

@Andreas H. What do you expect to be shown as the "correct IP" ? The public IP of the computer? Private IP of the computer? Remote HOST field shows under which host ERA server sees the respective ERA agent (basically either a host-name, or an IP address). IP address column is the internal IP address of the computer, as known by ERA agent).

Hi Michal, I talked about the IP in the row IP-Adresse and the IP behind the first row. I installed yesterday  the ERA agent  on "75e-hollstegge" and it shows me the hole day a wrong 169.....-IP. But today morning, after rebooting, the client has the right 192.168.32.. IP in ERA. Problem solved by reboot.... Thanks for the fast reply.

IP.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michal, after several days observing ERA, the IP of 75E-HOLLSTEGGE changed (in ERA) always between 169.254.168.85  and  192.168.32.124.  

In the details-section shows ERA two IP's for the same Adapter.

Best regards

ip-Details.JPG

ip.JPG