ERA 6 Tasks not working

Hello,

I am annoyed with ERA6 due to several reasons.

In my computer list I have several clients that are RED in status. It says the Virus signature database is out of date.

I create a client task Virus Signature Database Update, I let it run and the status is Task finished successfully.

Yet my status remains the Virus signature database is out of date.

Why is this not working?? It seems several functions just don't work in ERA6. I'm quite annoyed with this.

Regards

Restarting the agent doesn't always do the trick.

I have also noticed that when I change a policy  FIREWALL - (specifically turn off or on Personal firewall and ) it does not make the change!

It will take the other changes (e.g. adding a custom rule in firewall)

I also noticed the same issue with USER INTERFACE - Changing the start mode from minimal to interactive or vice versa

Like Jim said, it is helpful to click on the details of the error status. It will give you slightly more details on the content of the error. Especially the "subproduct" column which I sometimes found pointed exactly what the issue was.

Also just to be clear, you are waiting the full time interval of the Agent-Server check-in? Sometimes in my environment, the Agent can update faster before some components kick in. My Agents check in at 10 minute intervals, so sometimes you may need to wait double the amount of time.

• Administrators

As bbraunstein mentioned, it would take longer for an update to complete although the update task is downloaded and applied by the Agent as soon as it connects to ERAS. Downloading update files and the subsequent compilation of the engine and other modules takes seconds or minutes. That said, the agent should report an up-to-date status the next time it connects to ERAS. To make this happen ASAP, you can send a wake-up called to a particular computer.

Most of my clients say the following

-Virus signature database is out of date

-Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properly

-The feature is not monitored by Windows Security Center

-Operating system is not up to date

Some say they are not activated.

Yet if i create an activation task or update task it just says completed succesfully. Somehow in this ERA I just have the feeling clients do not connect to the ERA server. I guess i'll have manually reinstall the clients on 30+ computers -_-'

This version is really frustrating :)

When you say "Somehow in this ERA I just have the feeling clients do not connect to the ERA server" - what's the last connection time shown in ERA? That will tell you if they are connecting or not.

Most of mine also say "operating system not up to date, even if I run windows update and prove that it is up to date. Restarting the agent helps.

Note that I found that Windows XP machines (yes we still have a couple) will trigger an "OS not up to date" message even if the missing updates are all optional updates.

Because every task I send it says completed succesfully. The last client connected 4 days ago so my clients connect. I can understand the OS is not up to date but when I send a task to update the virus DB I expect it to work. 

• Administrators

The last client connected 4 days ago so my clients connect.

So the agents would connect to ERAS for some time and 4 days ago they stopped reporting to it?