Virus signature version 8480 update issue

Guest Ryan

The Eset virus radar website now shows a version 8480 virus signature as of 6/23/2013.

hxxp://www.virusradar.com/en/update/info

I seem to be hitting an issue with updating my virus signature from 8479 to 8480.

When I attempt to update it, NOD32 informs me that I have the most current signature and no update is needed.

I have three systems all running NOD32 antivirus and all of them are still running signature version 8479.

I have tried the following:
Rebooted the systems
Cleared the update caches
Uninstalled and reinstalled NOD32
Verified the username and password were correctly entered into the proper fields and product activation succeeds

None of those troubleshooting steps helped at all.

Is there possibly something going on with the update servers themselves? Is version 8480 not available even though the virus radar website is showing it as such?

-R

• Administrators

The currently available version on update servers is 8479. As soon as a newer version is available, users will download it.

Oh, I suspect there still may be a problem.  My main computer checked hourly Thursday and ended up three updates behind before I uninstalled ESET and then reinstalled it.  Even after the reinstall it was three updates behind.  It did a normal install update procedure but didn't go up to the latest update number.  After a minute or two I clicked on update and it then grabbed the latest update.  Of course, It proceeded to do the same thing the next day and was a few updates behind by the end of the day.  Unfortunately, I have it uninstalled at the moment. I should have left in on and done more troubleshooting.  

I am running ESET on my laptop at the moment and am at update 8479.  I am interested to see what happens with the move to 8480.  Hopefully, all will go smoothly once it is available.

• Administrators

Virus signature database 8481 is already on the update servers. 8480 was skipped, all signatures from this version are included in 8481.

Ok, looks good.  An automatic update at 3:10pm my time did not pick it up but I clicked on the update button at 3:15pm and it grabbed 8481.  I will continue to monitor my updating as I have the chance for the next few days.

I didn't log VSD hxxp://virusradar.com/en/update/info/8480 either but now and at VSD hxxp://virusradar.com/en/update/info/8481 so, I am now current.

I do note that there was a Module hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2256 update over the weekend, the latter may have been the issue but I am guessing.

Edited by siljaline

I had a same issue but now I got 8481. I have experienced this kind of issue 3~4 times before. ESET usually skipped and release next version of virus signature database.

Guest Howard Goldberg

Same exact issue here on two Win7 x64 systems. I was told after the glitch from 8479 to 8480 to allow for "pre-release" updates, run a manual update, and then reboot and go back to "regular updates." That seemed to work for a bit, but the problem returned yesterday. Now today, without doing anything ... things seem to be back to normal. I think this is an issue at ESET's end.