SysRescue on Windows 10 TP

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I know all of the modules have been updated on ESS and NOD32 to make them compatible with Windows 10 TP. ESS is working great here on my Windows 10 TP snapshot.

That said, this is just meant as a heads up of a SysRescue issue. There is a new ADK for Windows 10 TP also which I installed. When trying to create a SysRescue disk, the creator does not find the ADK files automatically and when trying to enter the path manually the process results in an error (cannot locate files).

Again this is not a criticism but just a heads up as I know Windows 10 is not yet "officially" supported but I wanted to let you know of the issue in case you were unaware.

Thanks...

• Administrators

New ESET products support a so-call Live CD which is based on Linux so it's fully Windows independent.

• ESET Insiders

Hello Marcos,

True. SysRescue is also available as a "Live CD" however it is not fully compatible with all OS as detailed in KB Solution ID: SOLN3509 here: hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3509...

SysRescue is not able to clean detected threats in Windows Vista 64-bit, and Windows 8/8.1

Due to the file-system architecture of these operating systems, ESET SysRescue Live cannot clean threats detected during scanning. An updated version of SysRescue Live with the ability to remove threats on these operating systems will be available soon.

"Available soon" was stated back in October of 2014 and so far no word on when a new fully compatible "Live CD" will be available or whether it is fully compatible with Windows 10 since 8/8.1 is not...

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I tried the "Live CD" on Windows 10 TP and it has the same limitations as listed for other OS in my previous post "cannot clean threats detected during scanning", so the "Live CD" is not fully compatible for Windows 10 either. I had assumed that the "Live CD" would not work with Windows 10 since it did not with 8/8.1, hence why I tried the WinPE version of SysRescue first. I decided I best test that assumption. Like I said in my original post, I am not criticizing, just posting my observations on Windows 10 for the record as I do not expect Windows 10 to be fully compatible with ESET since it has not been released yet and is not officially supported by ESET...