Question regarding "Trusted Zone"

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Now, this "Trusted Zone" is the hardest one for me to understand. May I know when my gateway IP address and my host address are displayed in  "Trusted Zone", does it mean other hosts in my LAN are also in "Trusted Zone"? But, I do not want this occur. Thank You. 

• Administrators

Could you please post a screen shot? ESE doesn't add IP addresses to the Trusted zone, however, it creates so-called automatically generated authenticated zones.

Could you please post a screen shot? ESE doesn't add IP addresses to the Trusted zone, however, it creates so-called automatically generated authenticated zones.

Oh I see, I really don't understand this feature.

post-6379-0-27068400-1425547294_thumb.jpg

So may I know how does it work? How do I understand this? Thank You.

• Administrators
  • Solution

You have only localhost in the Trusted zone. Also the subnet 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0 is trusted provided that network settings for the DnsIp:192.168... authenticated zone (not visible completely in the screen shot) match the current network settings. To find out what network settings the authenticated zone uses, double click the zone name and then click Setup on the Zone authentication tab. If the network settings match all those selected, the zone will be considered trusted.

Instead of multiple authenticated zones for different networks, you can simply add your local subnet to the Trusted zone where only localhost is listed by default.