ERA Proxy on appliance not installing

Go to solution Solved by Phydeauxdawg,

I've installed the appliance and successfully upgraded it by granting super user privileges to era (grant SUPER on *.* to era@'localhost' identified by 'eraadmin';).  I upgraded the server, agent and web console.  Now I want to install the proxy on the same machine if it's possible.  This is the command I use:

./Proxy-Linux-x86_64.sh --db-hostname=localhost --db-admin-username=root --db-admin-password='password' --db-user-username=era --db-user-password='eraadmin' --skip-license --hostname=era --port=2222 --cert-path=/root/proxy.pfx --cert-auth-path=/root/authority.der --cert-password='certpassword'

Of course replace the admin-password and cert-passwords as appropriate.  It fails connecting to the database, "Error: Admin connection not working. Unable to continue."

I can successfully get into mysql using the user 'era' (mysql -u era -p) and the same password as the console.  Root has the same password as well.  No combination seems to work.

For reference I'm following page 48 of the User Guide.

• Solution

I fixed my own issue by looking at the server installation log under /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/EraServerInstaller.log.  Below is my command:

./Proxy-Linux-x86_64.sh --db-admin-password='password' --db-admin-username=root --db-driver='MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver' --db-hostname=127.0.0.1 --db-name=era_proxy_db --db-port=3306 --db-type='MySQL Server' --db-user-password='password' --db-user-username=era --cert-path=/root/proxy.pfx --cert-password='certpassword' --cert-auth-path=/root/authority.der

Also make sure you create a certificate for the proxy and export it to your machine from the web interface.

Thanks for the update Phydeauxdawg (great name by the way!). I am happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for using ESET!

• ESET Moderators

Hello Phydeauxdawg,

by the way you setup up the ERA proxy?

It should be used to offload traffic to the main server in case of huge amount of clients connecting or remote locations.

Is that one of the cases?

P.R.