ERA 6 - force client to reapply policy?

Is there an easy way to get a client machine to reapply a policy?

Here's a scenario:

- If I create a new policy and apply it to a static group - in this case, a custom scan profile - then it gets picked up on the client within a few minutes.

- However if instead of creating a new policy I modify one of my existing custom policies - also to add a custom scan profile - then the custom scan profile never appears on the client (or hasn't done yet), even when I request configuration.

So is there a way to get a client to reapply policies please?

Many thanks

Jim

Yes they are. However I notice this morning that the policy has applied, so it must have just taken a long time (hours). But thanks anyway.

I had this same problem until I created another policy just for the agent to check in every 60 minutes. I think it downloads the policy at this 60 minute interval, then applies it, then checks back. The whole process seemed to take hours for my clients as well.

So far I have 2 policies per workstation, one for the antivirus and one for the agent. All good so far.

Good luck,

-Mark

I have my agents checking the server every 60 seconds :-) It makes it so much easier when experimenting and debugging. One day i'll relax that to 20 minutes or so, but at the moment it's very handy having it 60 seconds.

• 1 year later...
  • ESET Staff

For the festures, some of them (like real time protection) could be disabled locally and it is (currently) possible to re-enable them only by forcing computer restart. We are tracking an improvement for adjusting this behavior, it shoul be fixed in the winter release of ERA 6 and Endpoints.

• ESET Staff

There will be a summer release too, however this change is a more complex one, so it would take some time, unfortunatelly.