ESET FIle Security for Linux

Hello,

Is there an option to protect the setup in the Linux version of file server security as there is with the Windows file server version?

also is it possible to define alerts to send to an email address as we can do with the Windows versions?

If I wanted to install on one host, edit the config from the Remote Administrator's configuration editor and deploy back to the server, can I then copy that configuration file to use for future installs? is there a single config file location or is the file location determined by the method of the configuration? i.e command line configuration vs web interface vs Remote administration. 

the reason I want this is so I can speed up installation/configuration time on my fleet of Linux servers. I want to have the basic config file ready which contains the settings for the RA server, update server and wwwi interface enabled so I can connect to my RA console without having to edit the newly installed config file. From there I can deploy any updated config settings.

Thanks

Siobhan

• 3 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello siobhan,

no there is not an option to protect the settings by password directly. Settings are stored in esets.cfg file (protected by standard system permissions).

They can be edited directly or via web interface, which has to have the password set.

Regarding the notifications please see daemon_notification_script or notifications in general in the manual

The configuration file is stored in /etc/opt/eset/esets and there are stored the settings even set via the web interface.

So you can do the setup on one box, test it and than just replace the config file after the deployment on a new system.

P.R.