ESS 8 High memory usage

Is such an amount of memory usage normal for ESS 8?

Definitively no! The normal usage of ekrn.exe is about 100MB.

Some time ago, we already had this "high-RAM-usage-issue". Maybe a look into this topic can help you.

So basically you may create a dump and PM it to a moderator here.

Edited by rugk

Are you able to reproduce it at any time, even after a computer restart?

I usually do not restart my computer, but prefer to hybernate it. I only restart it about twice a month (e.g. after windows update). I will reboot and see what happens. If the problem returns, I will post again.

If it happens again then I would make a mem dump and compress it to make it ready to be sent to ESET upon request.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to make a dump file, but it terminates with an error message: "The operation could not be completed. The data is invalid".

It seems this has to do with ekrn.exe being 32 bits on a 64 bit Windows 7. How can I make a dump file that the Eset people succesfully can work with?

Btw, creating the dump file increased the memory used by ekrn.exe from 600MB to 1GB!!

I tried to make a dump file, but it terminates with an error message: "The operation could not be completed. The data is invalid".

How can I make a dump file that the Eset people succesfully can work with?

How do I generate a memory dump manually?

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN380&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1427268411181

Follow the instructions in the KB article above. But this part does not apply to you: "Respond to the last email from your case with ESET Customer Care" as you have made contact here on the forum so you can just give the download link to a Mod from where they can download the dump, when the dump is created you have to compress it first before you upload it somewhere.

Edited by SweX