ESET Nod32 fail when detect award keylogger?

Guest newbaby
Go to solution Solved by Veremo,

Guest newbaby

I have been installed Eset Nod32 Antivirus 6. I want to test it so I scaned award keylogger install folder (version 2.7). what a suprise! It finished with 0 threads found. But, when I scaned wak.exe (award keylogger main execution file) with Virustotal.com It showed detection ratio is 18/47 and ESET Nod32 on Virustotal.com detected wak.exe as a variant of Win32/Keylogger.AwardKeylogger.A.

What happen with ESET Nod32 on my computer? Why it fail with award keylogger?  :(

• 3 months later...

I have been installed Eset Nod32 Antivirus 6. I want to test it so I scaned award keylogger install folder (version 2.7). what a suprise! It finished with 0 threads found. But, when I scaned wak.exe (award keylogger main execution file) with Virustotal.com It showed detection ratio is 18/47 and ESET Nod32 on Virustotal.com detected wak.exe as a variant of Win32/Keylogger.AwardKeylogger.A.

What happen with ESET Nod32 on my computer? Why it fail with award keylogger?  :(

keyloggers are hard to detect manually .You will not notice the presence of such program. It is invisible in the Task List (when you press Ctrl-Alt-Del). It will not show in Task Bar, let alone your Desktop. It does not make any noise, your system will not slow down as in the case of spyware. Edited by vinceterloy