Is it possible to open a port with ESET VPN so I can give the IP of the VPN and the port and people can connect though my VPN ?

Go to solution Solved by Nightowl,

Context: I wanna make a little self-hosted Minecraft server to play from time to time with friends.

The question is simple: Is it possible to open a port with ESET VPN so I can give the IP of the VPN and the port and people can connect though my VPN ? And if yes, how do I ?

Thanks in advance.

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution
22 hours ago, HGStyle said:

Context: I wanna make a little self-hosted Minecraft server to play from time to time with friends.

The question is simple: Is it possible to open a port with ESET VPN so I can give the IP of the VPN and the port and people can connect though my VPN ? And if yes, how do I ?

Thanks in advance.

You would need a VPN that supports Port Forwarding and then you would be able to host your MineCraft server and give the VPN IP with the port you have chosen and opened on the VPN Client

I think ESET doesn't support port forwarding on VPN Client , searching on google for VPNs that support portforward will lead you to ones like ProtonVPN,PIA

3 hours ago, Nightowl said:

I think ESET doesn't support port forwarding on VPN Client

Since Eset uses WindscribeVPN, it appears it does support restricted port forwarding: https://windscribe.com/knowledge-base/articles/do-you-support-port-forwarding/ . I don't believe either option is applicable in this instance. Hence, Eset not including the option in its version of Windscribe.