It is not at all helpful for all of my wired networks to be named "Wired network N" and I have been unable to find a way to change the name to something more meaningful, like text I enter or at least the first IP address currently assigned to the network!  SOMETHING that allows me to actually identify it with more assurance than, well, hope.

I think I was able to do this with older version of the product and if so, please tell me where this option has been moved to so that I may access it.  If this option has been removed, please ask your developers to stop taking whatever drugs made them think it was a good idea to provide essentially random, nearly useless network names for all wired networks -- at least those without a "magic" controller system that provides a name.  I have a setup to work at home, and my computer has more than a dozen "wired" networks and ESET's developers seem to think I enjoy trying to guess which is which!

-- I quoted "wired" because in addition to the two physically wired networks attached, I also have some loopback networks and some virtual (within the one computer, i.e. VirtualBox, etc.) networks.

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix this seriously broken feature!  Or tell me where you have hidden it.

Thank you.

In recent Eset versions, the network name by default for a Public network connection will be assigned the DNS suffix assigned by the router. For example per ipconfig /all display, mine is assigned my ISP's name;

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : attlocal.net

For Private network connections, your only naming option is shown below;

Double-click a connection in the list to show its details and Network adapter details.

Hover over a specific network connection and click the menu icon three_dots_menuin the Trusted column to choose one of the following options:

Edit—Opens the Configure network protection window where you can assign a Network protection profile to a specific network

Forget—Resets the network connection configuration to default

Scan network with Network Inspector—Opens Network Inspector to run a network scan

Mark as "My Network"—Adds a "My Network" tag to the network; this tag will be shown next to the network throughout the ESET Smart Security Premium for better identification and security overview

Unmark as "My Network"—Removes the "My Network" tag; only available if the network is already tagged

https://help.eset.com/essp/17/en-US/idh_page_networks.html

Edited by itman