ERA6 SMTP Settings "From Address" option

Go to solution Solved by short_bus4,

We are trying to set up email notifications on ERA 6, however I do not see the option to change the "From" or "Sender" email address.  I am looking on the webGUI under Admin->Server Settings->Advanced Settings->SMTP Server, but there does not appear to be an option to change this setting.  

This is a necessary setting for our environment since we are using SMTP relay to Office 365 Exchange Online for notifications and 365 requires we specify the sender as a known address in our enterprise in order for it to be accepted through the relay.  Most other applications sending notifications allow us to specify an email address as the sender, but I cant find the option in ERA6...

I am running ERA6 Linux version and I see "Sender Address" right above "test smtp connection"

my issue is it's sends the test to the sender address, but we are using eset@mydomain.com which is a non-working email address. So I had to test with a working email address and then change the sender address to our non-working email address.

There should be another field under test smtp connection for a to: address just for the test.

post-6376-0-63487700-1425046635_thumb.jpg

This "Sender address" field is also present on my server, however the name is a little misleading, this field is for the address that RA will send the test TO.  I am looking for the option to change the address that RA will send FROM.  Anyone now how to change that?

Edited by BPS

• Solution

It's the same field, that's why I mentioned they should add another field for the SMTP TO: for the test.

I have it setup and I receive mail from eset@mydomain.com, and eset is a non-existent email address.

Ah!  Yes, I see now, I logged into the mailbox for the account I specified in the "Sender address" field and sure enough there was a test email in the inbox with the same email address in the To: and From: fields.  Quite strange that the test email is sent to and from the same account...

Thanks for your help!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...