quick scan in ESET SS8?

Go to solution Solved by brynn,

Hi Friends,

I've been using ESET Smart Security for a few years now, and just installed the new version 8, after a prompt appeared on my screen.  I'm trying to set up the security routine that I want using the Scheduler, but can't seem to find a quick scan option.  I think it might have been called Smart Scan before.  But it allowed me to set up a brief scan daily, and only do a deep scan weekly.  Now there doesn't seem to be any way to set up anything except a major deep scan, which takes an hour or 2, and uses up the processor that I need for other things.  (Or maybe it's RAM that it uses, but in any case, it's a fairly major drain on the system.)  I can't have that happening every day.

Am I missing something?  Or is there no way to get a quick scan anymore?

Thanks for your help :)

• Administrators

Nothing has changed with regard to scheduled scans. When scheduling a scan task, you can select a profile that you want to be used for scheduled scans. You can customize the profile settings at any time.

Make sure that you have Live Grid and Smart optimization enabled which should significantly speed up subsequent scans.

Ok, thanks Marcos.

I think I have everything figured out except for the archives.  How do I disable archives or set a lower size limit?

Thanks again  :)

• Administrators

When editing the ThreatSense settings for a particular on-demand computer scan profile, you'll find it under Objects -> Archives. Limits for archives can be set in the Limits section.

• Solution

Thanks, all solved  :)

(both Marcos' answers were the solution, but since only 1 msg can be marked solved, I'll mark this one, for clarity)

Edited by brynn

• Administrators

Just keep in mind that disabling scan options, protection features or excluding certain files or folders from scanning lowers detection or protection capabilities of the product. I'd suggest running a full disk scan with all scan options enabled from time to time when not all cpu cores are utilized by running processes.