ESET and malware detection

invisik

Hi!

How well does ESET detect the malware (not viruses) that a program like Malwarebytes would find?  If I start using ESET Endpoint, do I still need a malware scanner like Malwarebytes or Webroot?

Thanks for any real world experiences about this....

-m

• Administrators

ESET excels in boht malware and PUA detection. For maximum protection, make sure that Live Grid is enabled and working. As for zero-day malware detection, you can check out this chart by CRDF France Threat center.

I've found in my experience that Eset detects more than Malwarebytes.  Where MBAM has a slight edge (and it's not consistent) is in zero-day attacks as that is where they spend the majority of their research time.  But even when I've seen MBAM detect something that Eset didn't immediately see, I can still clean it with Eset using the ondemand scanner with advanced heuristics enabled (out of the box, advanced heuristics is not enabled for the Real Time Protection in Eset).  MBAM tends to have more false positives as well.  For example, it will often flag changes made via Group Policy in a domain environment as malware.  

• 4 months later...

Hi some client of i are having a malware threat issue that eset seems to detect on their website.

I ran to all the online tools found and use a couple of different PC with different anti virus and nothing is coming out to explain where or how the eset endpoint antivirus found this threat.

Is there a URL removal process from you list or anyway i could figure out what is the so callled threat.<

hxxp://coffre.ca

Thanks

• Administrators

I ran to all the online tools found and use a couple of different PC with different anti virus and nothing is coming out to explain where or how the eset endpoint antivirus found this threat.

Is there a URL removal process from you list or anyway i could figure out what is the so callled threat.<

Please collect logs as per the instructions at hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3466 and email the output to samples[at]eset.com along with a link to your post.

Please collect logs as per the instructions at hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3466 and email the output to samples[at]eset.com along with a link to your post.

I have No supported ESET product detected

Do i have to use eset anti virus for that since this problem is not from my PC but from users with eset endpoint anti virus installed?

So if i need eset to be installed i'll do the log collector check with one of them, Thanks

Edited by skriptkoder

• Administrators

Do i have to use eset anti virus for that since this problem is not from my PC but from users with eset endpoint anti virus installed?

So if i need eset to be installed i'll do the log collector check with one of them, Thanks

The logs must be collected on a computer where ESET is blocking access to the mentioned domain.