Error 0xc000022 when opening Brave Browser

Wanted to collect my research on the issue and see if there can be a solution to resolve as currently, I cannot use my Brave Browser unless I turn off the "Secure all browsers" toggle in ESET.

Last night, we had a storm and it knocked out my power for a sec. When restarting, this is when the issue occurred. Brave was working prior. I kept getting the popup error 0xc000022 which seems to me maybe an OS/software permissions error?

So I tried allowing access permission to the Brave browser, shutting down, restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling and nothing gets pass this error message. Though note, installing/reinstalling also brings this message to pop up. Tried assigning default browser to Firefox. Also tried moving/backing up Brave files and installing and still the error message persists. 

It wasn't until I went to this new Reddit page here that others were seeing this issue as well and noted that turning off the "Secure all browsers" toggle fixed the issue:

I noticed this issue popped up in a closed Brave form post a few years ago and didn't seem to see a resolution that I could see and maybe only effected a few people:
https://community.brave.com/t/error-0xc0000022-on-all-action/229539/2

I couldn't find a post here in ESET forum so I started this new one.

Looking into the ESET documents, I noticed that ESET currently supports Brave version 1.65.114.0. Other browsers are version X.XX.XXX.X+ so not sure why Brave does not have + versions. Maybe be coming later? My version of Brave is currently Brave is 1.67.134 Chromium: 126.0.6478.186 (Official Build) (64-bit).
https://help.eset.com/eis/17/en-US/banking_and_payment_protection.html

Also, talking to my coworker who also use ESET for work says Brave still works for him. However, he uses ESET Endpoint Security instead. I can also confirm on my remote office/work computer which uses that same ESET version, that a fresh never-installed version of Brave also works there.

Currently looking to see if I can roll back in Brave to see if that fixes this or not as well and still be able to use the "Secure all browsers" feature in ESET. If I can, I will keep you all posted here. I really hope to get this resolved as I bought this version specifically to help with web browsing security support.

image.png

• Administrators

We believe this has been auto-resolved about 16 hours ago. Could you confirm or deny that you are still unable to launch Brave even after a computer restart?