Problem: Registering ESET Installer as a Service

Go to solution Solved by Nick S.,

I had the problem below while trying to push an installation on a computer. I tried to install the .MSI file manually and it worked on the computer. Eveything else was fine since I already pushed quite a few other installations. Turns out the only thing needed to make this work was to reboot the server running ESET Remote Administrator. Not sure why, maybe a Windows Update but it's all good now.

I didn't see anything like this on the forum so I thought I'd share the solution. So in case it's not working, just reboot!

Operating System:    Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition
Operating System Version:    6.1

Installation result:
Setting IPC$ Connection:    Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info):    Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
Remote Registry Opening (OS Info):    Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
Remote Registry Reading (OS Info):    Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info):    Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info):    Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
Setting ADMIN$ Connection:    Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
Copying ESET Installer:    Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
Setting IPC$ Connection:    Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
Registering ESET Installer as a Service:    Result Code: 1460 (This operation returned because the timeout period expired.)
Diagnostics conclusion:    Result Code: 1603 (Fatal error during installation.)

• Former ESET Employees
  • Solution

Hello Zurd,

We are glad to hear you were able to resolve your push installation issue.

If you continue to have issues or questions regarding push installations via ESET Remote Administrator, feel free to contact one of our Customer care agents using the following link:  ESET Customer Care.