sms texts commands not working or user error please help

Hi all,

I just bought and downloaded ESES for Android devices and have set up my trusted friend and have sms text commands enabled.  I tried to text my phone from my trusted friend's phone in the format esetsirenpassword and eset siren password (password is actually a password and not just the word)  had to make that clear first.  and all I get on my phone is simply a text from my friend word for word....no siren.  I would not be able to locate my phone with this.  Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

I have this installed on a galaxy s5

Thanks and I hope I can help others in the future.

• Administrators

Do you have EMS v3 installed? It can connect to my.eset.com where you can mark a mobile phone as stolen and trigger a siren without sending an sms command. Does it work that way?

It can connect to my.eset.com where you can mark a mobile phone as stolen and trigger a siren without sending an sms command. Does it work that way?

For this he would use have to buy Premium version - I'm not sure whether he uses one.

But he could use the trail of course...

@mezorba

How have you installed EMS? (from Google Play or from elsewhere?)

What Android version are you using?

And just FYI: If you're sending commands from your trusted friends phone numbers you don't need the password.

You only need the password if you're sending commands from any other ("untrusted") phone number.

And BTW esetsirenpassword isn't the correct text you have to sent. The spaces must be there!

You can find a list of all SMS commands here: hxxp://staging5.esetstatic.com/fileadmin/Images/US/Images/Product/infographics/ESETNA-6237-EMS3-AntitheftInfographic-A.jpg

@foneil

In your the last character is a (kind of) space (maybe this?).

However it "disturbs" the link, so that - if you click it - it doesn't "scroll" to the right part...

But aside from this: Before we are now linking to 1000 other places where you can find the SMS commands ( ;)) I think we should wait for the TS is to come back...

Edited by rugk