Product Suggestion (for ERA 6): Restarting tasks

Another suggestion - ability to restart a failed task.

There seems to be no easy way to simply say "try again". This particular desktop has a hardware issue and it occasionally crashes. Here, it's crashing before the EEA download completes.

To try the task again I have to go to Admin, Client Tasks, find the tasks, edit it, remove the target, add the target.....it would be much easier if there was a button on the screen (attached) to simply say "retry failed task"

Either that, or have the client retry automatically, which does not seem to be the case.

Many thanks

Jim

post-559-0-43480000-1423825093_thumb.jpg

Edited by jimwillsher

• Former ESET Employees

That is an excellent suggestion, and I think that could tie in with having an easier way to re-run a task as a whole.  The issue has been submitted to our development team.  We appreciate your patience!

• 1 month later...

+1

And mark failed tasks.

Tasks without an target are marked in yellow but tasks, which are failed are shown the same way like tasks wich succeed. 

I still badly want a way to run an EXISTING task from the computers screen.

Click a computer, choose New Task as at present. But then be able to choose one of the existing tasks, not create a new one from scratch.

Plus one on jims suggestion.. As only thing that is changed is computer that are receiving the task. Agent deploy, i am always using it from ERAS, use the same cert, using the same agent, same for EEA install, same for product activation, same for update..Only thing that is changing for me is the target computer.

• 4 months later...

It desperately needs the ability to restart a task, failed or otherwise.  I want install users to have as little permissions as possible.  as of no i have to grant them access to creating tasks, which i do no like.  I have an install static group created, and if task could just be re-run, instead of having to be modified, it would simplify things enormously, as well as increase security.

I agree in regards to the tasks.  Just a simple option when attempting to deploy the agent to a single/selected group of devices from the computers list.  The option could be the next step after selecting  "Deploy Agent from ERA Server", Then provide a series of options something like "Select agent task already defined", "New Agent task", then select predefined task and let it run.

Yes, I saw that option, but that's a server task, my goal is to allow local it at other facilities to fully install ESET, without having to give them read/write server task privileges. basically as little rights as are required to perform an install.  Also how about some data on WHY a task failed, not knowing that right off the bat is infuriating.

• 4 months later...