Migrating to new server

Go to solution Solved by Carl Seiler,

Where are the instructions for migrating to a different ERA server?  Currently, when I attempt to log into the server we are hosting on, it gives me the error "loginConnectionStateNotConnected" when I attempt to log in.  This is on server that is scheduled to be retired, but still runs the SQL Server and the ESET Protect ERA Management Console.  But right now, I cannot log in. 

Right now I'm wondering, do I need to reinstall on a new server, disconnect/uninstall all the desktop clients and reinstall and point them to the new server?  Like, is there step-by-step instructions indicating how to best achieve this?  Do I need to regain access to the ERA console before decommissioning the server?  Just trying to plan this out.

I see other threads (mainly with Linux) where folks have received the loginConnectionStateNotConnected and the instructions are to contact support.  We are on Windows server with an Apache tomcat 9.0.22 installed.

• Solution

I think this is the KB article I'm looking for:

https://help.eset.com/protect_install/11.0/en-US/upgrade_procedures.html?migration_same_version.html

2nd and 3rd options.

But I'm still not sure if I need to regain access to the old servers ERA Management Console before doing this.