epfwlog too big

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi,

I have problem with one PC with epfwlog.dat log file. Its around 70GB and cant find reason for it.

Checked on Eset Protect and logging is set to Informative, and to auto delete records older then 10 days. But this file its still growing in size.

Any suggestions?

Eset.png

Screensh.png

ees_logs.zip

• Administrators

Some policies with firewall settings have logging severity for default fw rules set to "informative" instead of "diagnostic". Please delete the policies with firewall rules and re-create them from scratch and delete C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security\Logs\epfwlog.dat in safe mode.

Hi Marcos,

I understand you. But i have only one policy set for this user, the rest of policies are same for 60+ computers but i have problem only with this one.

So i check only policy that is specific to this pc but i cant find what are u talking about firewall logging.

Can you help me where are i can find that rules about firewall logging?

Best regards

Printsc.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

The problem is that default firewall rules have the logging severity set to "information", it should be set to "debug" which is the default value.  Creating this policy from scratch would resolve the issue.

image.png

I understand what you mean. But I checked default policy and its already applied like you said.

It was not set to "Information".

Eset1.thumb.png.238c65b83184a022ccc7bcfff7b5f109.png

Marcos,

You were right. I have multiple rules and in one of them it was set to "Information".