Can I use Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool along with ESET Internet Security?

Guest 225398

Hello.

I use ESET Internet Security to protect my devices.

I recently learned that some traditional security software, such as ESET, falls short in dealing with emerging ransomware.

I know that ESET products have many advantages, so I don't plan to change my security software. However, due to my job requirements, I need to effectively deal with emerging ransomware viruses.

I tried Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool, which claims to roll back changes caused by ransomware after removing it, full compatibility with my current security solution, and low performance impact.

I'm wondering if it will affect my current use of ESET Internet Security.

Thanks.

• Administrators

The tool installs drivers which would likely clash with ESET. However, you could run a second opinion on-demand scan with online scanners for instance.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sami

You could see if these clash with Eset: HitmanPro, Trend Micrco Housecall, Sophos Scan and Clean, Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

The worse I have ever seen when using a second opinion scanner was the PC locking up. The ones mentioned above, I've used all of them at one point or another and I was fine.