ERA6 Suggestion: Suppress Warning/Error Notifications

Maybe about 80% of my 60 clients are all reporting some form of warning or error such as, "OS is not up to date" or "Restart required" or "Windows Security Center does not see this product as installed or functioning properly: Firewall"

I have a specially modified Firewall policy set up on all of my client computers. Because of this, Windows is freaking out that the Firewall settings are not the recommended ones. Even if I disable these notifications on the clients, the Agent/Web Console is still bugging me about it. I also have tons of clients with "OS out of date" warning. I've remotely pushed OS updates AND I even hounded my users to perform updates too. The warning does NOT go away, even though Windows (and the App Store) cannot find more updates to download. I think this is because the optional updates are not being downloaded. My entire screen is filled with red and yellow rows. This is inconvenient and makes it difficult to really assess the critical warnings from just a simple warning.

TL;DR: There should be a way to suppress or ignore warnings on clients.

So I decided to see if I could get rid of the "OS out of date" warnings by installing all the optional updates on a sandbox machine. The updates completed and I did a restart. I did a force check for updates to see if there was anything more and there were no further updates. I waited for the Agent to sync up and talk to the server and the warning was still there !   (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Administrators

The next service build of ERA v6 will have options for controlling what Action center events are reported by the agent to ERAS.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Where can I find this setting please?

This is my current environment:

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.1.365.0
ESET Remote Administrator (Webconsole), Version 6.1.282.0
Copyright © 1992-2015 ESET, spol. s r.o. All Rights Reserved.

I upgraded via the steps here:

Jim

Thanks, I see the slider now.

Please see thye psot I've just made - it would be better if the computers list showed the current status of the computers. If there's a current problem with the "windows security centre" then it should be reported, but if that problem is now solved then it should no longer be reported.

Either that, or ERA6 needs  "clear last warning" option, similar to what ERA5 had.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...