Impressed with ESET low performance impact on laptop

yongsua

Hi, I am Sua from Malaysia. I was trying to find a suitable antivirus for my friend's laptop. I installed Bitdefender and Avira that have been tested to be have high detection rate in his laptop but the start up time for my friend's laptop was highly affected. Then I installed one of my favorite AV which is Avast!, but the start up time was also highly affected too and it has conflict with my Panda USB vaccine. I am quite frustrated about this. However, when I have installed ESET in his laptop and I am so impressed with its low performance impact and start up impact. Anyway, we are student and do not afford to buy the product. Hopefully, ESET will come out with a free one. Haha.. Thank You.

At first thanks for passing this on. It's always nice to hear such user opinions.

And yes, ESET is known for a very small system impact. Also AV Comparatives confirmed this last year (where ESS has won the test).

And about the price: Maybe you can catch a special offer or something like that...

So keep your eyes open! :)

Edited by rugk

Hello,

It's great to hear about your positive experience, always lovely to read positive feedback!

But I have to disagree about the free version. Personally, I don't want ESET to offer a free version, instead I want them to keep producing the high quality software that they do today. And the saying "people try the free version...and if they like the free version then they migrate over to the paid version ", it doesn't really work like that. Take Avast for example, the majority stays with Avast Free and does not move over to Avast paid. And that goes for most vendors that offer a free version.

If the software is of high quality and works better than most products then people are willing to pay because of that. But if it is worth to buy an AV with all these free AV's available on the market...that must be up to each person to decide. But it's not only about comparing product features and say "this Free AV and this Paid AV have the exact same features" let's not forget that they are developed by different companies so the quality of the software itself may not be the same only because the features look the same/similar on paper. Not to mention how the software runs on our system. Take you for example, you tried several AVs but wasn't very happy with any of them...then you came to ESET and liked it a bit more.

If you search around you should be able to find nice deals online for ESET. But if the deal sounds too good to be true...then it most likely is, and you might end up with a non working license.

Unless the Free AV is free to 100% (no-strings-attached) and clean from exciting offers during the install or uninstall process (yes, now you can get offers while uninstalling "free" softwares as well) then I agree with the ESET CEO....

IS FREE ACTUALLY FREE?

It depends on whom you ask. ESET’s Chief Executive Officer Richard Marko isn’t a big fan of free antivirus, noting that it’s often supplied as part of a bundle with a lot of other applications. “Nothing is for free; it’s just how the money is collected in the end. What we’ve found is that our application often detects and flags these bundles because they come with a lot of other potentially unwanted applications bundled as well.” 

hxxp://www.pcauthority.com.au/Feature/399998,the-new-security-suite.aspx

Edited by SweX

Thanks to the replies. I agree with the statements above. I have been an ESET fan since few years ago. It has really impressed me a lot. I must say that it is something worth for the customers to actually purchase a reliable antivirus like ESET which has low system impact and provides reliable protection. I wish I could purchase one but I still not afford to buy one. However, I promise I will have it once I have $$$. Thanks and Regards.

Thanks to the replies. I agree with the statements above. I have been an ESET fan since few years ago. It has really impressed me a lot. I must say that it is something worth for the customers to actually purchase a reliable antivirus like ESET which has low system impact and provides reliable protection. I wish I could purchase one but I still not afford to buy one. However, I promise I will have it once I have $$$. Thanks and Regards.

Hi, firstly admin, i hope you can notify me if im violating any rules by promoting my own business here. 

Dear @yongsua, im an authorised reseller for Malaysia for Educational and offering special student prices (Only for Malaysian Student) for the price you may refer to my webstore at:

Antivirus:

hxxp://store.globalsolution.com.my/v2/en/antivirus-internet-security/67-eset-nod32-antivirus-student-1-years-1-pc.html

Smart Security:

hxxp://store.globalsolution.com.my/v2/en/antivirus-internet-security/66-eset-smart-security-student-1-years-1-pc.html

The requirement is you will need to submit a copy of STUDENT ID and you IC as a proof of student and as proof that you are Malaysian Citizen. Hope this help. Contact us at sales@globalsolution.com.my for any enquiries.

We are Reseller under ESET Distributor Malaysia.

Edited by khairulaizat92

Hi, firstly admin, i hope you can notify me if im violating any rules by promoting my own business here. 

Dear @yongsua, im an authorised reseller for Malaysia for Educational and offering special student prices (Only for Malaysian Student) for the price you may refer to my webstore at:

Antivirus:

hxxp://store.globalsolution.com.my/v2/en/antivirus-internet-security/67-eset-nod32-antivirus-student-1-years-1-pc.html

Smart Security:

hxxp://store.globalsolution.com.my/v2/en/antivirus-internet-security/66-eset-smart-security-student-1-years-1-pc.html

The requirement is you will need to submit a copy of STUDENT ID and you IC as a proof of student and as proof that you are Malaysian Citizen. Hope this help. Contact us at sales@globalsolution.com.my for any enquiries.

We are Reseller under ESET Distributor Malaysia.

Woah... It is great.... I have checked the link you gave. I might buy one sooner.... Thank You....  :)

Afaik no, there is no rule to prevent anyone from linking to great genuine deals found online, even if you happen to be a reseller.

Always nice when the deals come to you...so you don't have to spend time searching for them online   ;)

Edited by SweX