Prevent users from disabling real-time file system protection

Hi

In V5 we prevented users from disabling real-time file system protection. I don't see any option in v6 to do this (in ERA). We've applied password-protection to settings but it doesn't see to affect this.

Could somebody highlight where this setting is please?

Many thanks

Jim

• Administrators

Just to make sure, don't those users have administrator rights? UAC prevent users from temporarily disabling protection unless they have admin rights.

Thanks Marcos. Some have admin rights and some don't, but that's only to allow them to run some legacy software that only runs with admin rights. We still don't want them disabling ESET.

Many thanks

Jim

Actually, this appears to be a bug. If you pause through the context menu in the system tray the password is not required.

But, if you use the pause button within the gui, password is required.

I think Marcos needs to report this up.

post-117-0-61396800-1423068764_thumb.png

• Administrators

Actually, this appears to be a bug. If you pause through the context menu in the system tray the password is not required.

It was confirmed to be a feature as only users with administrator rights can disable protection temporarily, however, I've asked the engineers to reconsider it.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I tried adding privledge users  with Version 5.2.22.0 and users on MAC are still able to disable the protection. Is it happening on this version of 5 as well?

If non-privileged users can disable protection then it should be considered a bug. However, I assume this is one of the things that is tested during pre-release QA tests.