Jump to content

Clients are not showing in the console


Kupierbelt
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello Team,

 

I recently had to migrate aroud 200+ clients from ERA 4.x to ERA 5.x.

 

I followed the KB articles in ESET to create a configuration task and configured the task with Primary Server and Update Server information.  Applied the tasks to the clients.

 

Now, the clients are showing up in the new ERA server logs as follows;

 

[2015-01-28 18:00:29.681] V5 [54c9943d1535] [00000a28] <SESSION_INFO> Kernel connection from xxx.xx.x.xx:9980 accepted
[2015-01-28 18:00:29.681] V5 [54c9943d1535] [00000a28] <SESSION_INFO> Kernel connection from xxx.xx.x.xx:9980 closed (code 0, took 0ms, name 'Machine_Name', mac 'XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX', product '', product version '', virus signature db version '')
 
But they are not showing up in the console. 
 
Could anyone faced this same issue before and help me out to get the clients on the console.
 
If more information is needed please do let me know and I will update.
 
Thank You.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Team,

 

Is there any way to uninstall version 4.x and install version 5.x client on the desktops/laptops through scripts??

 

If so, I can use that script for the same and apply that through Group Policy.

Kindly let me know and help me to get this resolved.

 

Thank You.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Former ESET Employees

Hello,

      Some things that you will need to validate after the migration are that the era.exe and erahttp.exe have firewall exceptions OR you have set firewall exceptions for ports 2221-2223 as per hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/SOLN2221. 

 

      Another item to check would be at the client level which is their Remote Administration settings to validate that the task information was pushed and typed correctly.  To do such, please open an Endpoint Application > Press F5 > Tools > Remote Administration and verify that the server name and port number are set correctly.  Please reply with any information discovered during these two processes.

 

~MichaelA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Now, the clients are showing up in the new ERA server logs as follows;

But they are not showing up in the console.

 

Have you resolved this already? If logs show that clients connect to ERAS they must also appear in the console unless you have a filter enabled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello MichaelA and Marcos,  I apologize for the delay in my reply.  I was OoO and just came back.

 

@ MichaelA,

 

I did check the two things as you mentioned, I confirm that the ports 2221-2223 is configured with the firewall exceptions.  I also confirm that the clients are configured with correct ERA server and port information on them.

 

@ Marcos,

 

This is not resolved.  The status as follows;

 

 

**********************************************************

The clients which are showing up in the console of the new ERA server are having the following log;

 

[2015-02-09 19:33:10.346] V5 [54d97bf6afa5] [00000cb0] <SESSION_INFO> Kernel connection from xxx.xx.x.xx:33496 closed (code 0, took 141ms, name 'machine_name', mac 'XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX', product 'ESET Endpoint Antivirus', product version '05.00000.02237', virus signature db version '11150 (20150209)')

 

The clients which are not showin up in the console but are connecting to the new ERA server has the following log;

 

[2015-02-09 19:33:14.960] V5 [54d97bfaafa6] [00000cb0] <SESSION_INFO> Kernel connection from xxx.xx.xx.xxx:44754 closed (code 0, took 156ms, name 'machine_name', mac 'XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX', product '', product version '', virus signature db version '')

**********************************************************

 

From the above logs, the clients which are showing up in the console displays the product information in the log but the clients which are not showing up in the console are not displaying any product information.

 

I have verified that the clients are configured with the correct ERA server and port number information on them.  But not sure what is blocking them in appearing in the console or what is blocking the server from fetching the client information.

 

This is the reason that we went to upgrade the clients from 4.x to 5.x and see if they are connecting and I have succeeded on that.  I had few issues on this that it requires me to first uninstall the 4.x client and then do a fresh installation of 5.x version.  I am performing this action from the ERA Remote Install.  Now, I am looking for a script that helps me to perform this activity on the enterprise level to automate the task.

 

Thank You.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...