Jump to content

NASA Eyes compatibility


Chas4

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Does the issue go away if you temporarily uninstall ESET and returns as soon as you re-install it with default settings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does the issue go away if you temporarily uninstall ESET and returns as soon as you re-install it with default settings?

Same app on macOS does not crash, is there a HIPS or other log that would show if ESET blocked the program from running?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

First of all we'll need to make sure that it's somehow related to ESET being installed. Please answer my previous question if the issue goes away if you temporarily uninstall ESET and returns as soon as you re-install it with default settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

First of all we'll need to make sure that it's somehow related to ESET being installed. Please answer my previous question if the issue goes away if you temporarily uninstall ESET and returns as soon as you re-install it with default settings.

A nuke option is not the first step when troubleshooting, that is why I am asking about checking logs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Without knowing if ESET is involved in the crash, we also don't know what we should check for in logs. If it's crashing, a dump should be analyzed by the maker of the application to determine the source of the crash.

At least we would need to know step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the issue on our end if it's impossible to temporarily uninstall the application to find out it it makes a difference and if it's crashing without ESET being installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/29/2024 at 7:06 PM, Marcos said:

Without knowing if ESET is involved in the crash, we also don't know what we should check for in logs. If it's crashing, a dump should be analyzed by the maker of the application to determine the source of the crash.

At least we would need to know step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the issue on our end if it's impossible to temporarily uninstall the application to find out it it makes a difference and if it's crashing without ESET being installed.

Well the crash is only on Windows not on macOS with ESET, and that is why I am asking which logs to try to check.

Wanting to see if the logs show a block or it blocking something else at the time of the crash.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

No logs will help unless it's confirmed that the crash is caused by ESET.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Marcos said:

No logs will help unless it's confirmed that the crash is caused by ESET.

False as they could rule out if it is ESET or not.

As I mentioned it is just on Windows it is crashing, macOS it is not and both have ESET, want to know if it is an ESET protection that is triggering the crash for the NASA (yes the same nasa.gov US government agency) program.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I have installed NASA Eyes for Windows but it runs alright without a crash.

image.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...