Eset mail security spam scan on demand

apnk

Hi,

i want to know is there any possibility to perform spam scan on demand in package Mail Security by Linux commandline.

As i see in docs it should be possible by esets_pipe but when i type

cat spam.eml | esets_pipe

it returns content of file. There is no information about spamscore or something.

This is my config:

action_av = "scan"

av_clean_mode = "standard"

action_av_infected = "reject"

action_av_notscanned = "accept"

action_av_deleted = "discard"

av_quarantine_enabled = yes

action_as = "scan"

action_as_spam = "reject"

#
# ESETS anti-spam scanner common options.
#

as_stats_enabled = yes

as_eml_subject_prefix = "[sPAM]"

as_profile = "default"

Daemon is working and updated.

This is log from journalctl of esets_daemon (every mail contain 100kb of spam)

Jan 27 10:53:13 pc79.home esets_daemon[11922]: summ[2e920201]: vdb=22162, agent=pipe, name="from: Aleksander Pankanin <Aleksander.Pankanin@enigma.com.pl> to: Aleksander Pankanin <Aleksander.Pankanin@enigma.com.pl> with subject spam dated Tue, 27 Jan 2015 09:20:59 +0100 ", virus="is OK", action="", info="", avstatus="clean", hop="accepted"

Jan 27 10:53:46 pc79.home esets_daemon[11922]: summ[2e920202]: vdb=22162, agent=pipe, name="from: Aleksander Pankanin <aleksander.pankanin@enigma.com.pl> to: adam.skarzynski@kryptografia.pl with subject Fwd: Wysyłanie wiadomości e-mail: test3.txt dated Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:34:24 +0100 ", virus="is OK", action="", info="", avstatus="clean", hop="accepted"

Jan 27 10:59:52 pc79.home esets_daemon[11922]: summ[2e920203]: vdb=22162, agent=pipe, name="from: Aleksander Pankanin <aleksander.pankanin@enigma.com.pl> to: adam.skarzynski@kryptografia.pl with subject Fwd: Wysyłanie wiadomości e-mail: test3.txt dated Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:34:24 +0100 ", virus="is OK", action="", info="", avstatus="clean", hop="accepted"

It performed antivirus scan but no spam scan.

Could anybody help me with this problem?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

Hello,

I just wanted to ensure that you hd gone through the configuration of the mail product using the "esets_setup" as it is the initial intigration with your MTA.  I also would like to inquire if you have set up the graphical portion, and if so, what settings are set there vs. the cfg file that you have included.  Lastly, what was the path that you retrieved the cfg file from?  I have found in a few instances that our application uses a cfg file in /opt and in /etc/opt.  Please advise so I may troubleshoot further if needed.

~MichaelA