ASK NOD32 v8 running for Windows 10 TP build 9926 ?

cmpunk

• ESET Insiders

Hello Marcos,

I have a favor to ask you as I have been seeing issues with ESS8 (pre-release updates) and the Windows 10 TP 9926 build (I have just started running the two together but have at the moment removed ESS8 due to these issues). Since the pre-release module updates are not posted anywhere (that I know of anyways), could you please post in this thread when they go live with the fixes so I can install ESS8 again and test it? I would very much appreciate it as I would like to get ESS8 back up and running as soon as the new modules are released. Thanks in advance if you could do this...

Thank you Marcos. I'm running NOD32 v8 on Windows10 9926 and yes, HIPS shows an error right now. I hope the updated modules are rolled out soon. I suppose the update would come through the Pre-release channel, right?

• Administrators

Thank you Marcos. I'm running NOD32 v8 on Windows10 9926 and yes, HIPS shows an error right now. I hope the updated modules are rolled out soon. I suppose the update would come through the Pre-release channel, right?

Right. The new modules will be available on v8 pre-release servers first before they are put on regular update servers.

Ok, I'd just like to know, am I at greater risk with HIPs disabled like it is? Should I go back to Windows Defender instead?

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

Thanks for the post User. I can confirm that with the mentioned pre-release modules ESET is now running without issues here on Windows 10 TP 9926 Pro 64 bit.

Ok, I'd just like to know, am I at greater risk with HIPs disabled like it is? Should I go back to Windows Defender instead?

I am using Windows Defender on Windows 10 only. It seems to be working fine.

Yes, the updated modules are out. It works flawlessly now. If only it didn't take so long to update every time a new Windows 10 build is updated. But anyways, thanks Eset for supporting us enthusiast and geeks who love staying on the bleeding edge.

I know it should work fine, but I prefer to give use to my 2-year NOD32 license. Thank you. ;)

• Administrators

I'd strongly recommend installing ESET. Due to a high number of Microsoft users with Defender, they are among first to be targeted by malware authors. Also Defender doesn't use advanced detection and protection methods, such as Advanced heuristics, Exploit Blocker, Advanced memory scanner, etc.

I know it should work fine, but I prefer to give use to my 2-year NOD32 license. Thank you. ;)

I agree. Looks like your troubles are over. :)

@Fifaheld

They are out (on the pre-relased servers):

New modules are out:

Anti-Stealth-Module: 1069 (20150202)
HIPS: 1160 (20150203)

To update them switch to pre-released update mode, run an update and restart your system. Then they should be updated and ESS or NOD32 should work correctly.

BTW: When using Windows 10 I would also stay on pre-released update mode, because "it fits better" (they're both pre-release... :))

Edited by rugk

• 1 month later...

New Win 10 Build (10041) No Hips Again :(

....that most likely means a module update will be released ASAP to fix this.

• 4 months later...
  • ESET Moderators
Windows 10 will be fully supported once officially released including the HIPS feature

please find more info regarding Windows 10 support on the ESET Windows 10 landing page hxxp://www.eset.com/int/windows10-compatibility-free-update/

The upgrade process for both home and business users is also well described in the hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3747#KB article

P.R.